Honeywell is an established technical leader in the development of ‘4th Generation’ fluorine-based refrigerants (HFOs or hydrofluoroolefins) for the worldwide commercial and industrial refrigeration industry.
We have been at the forefront to develop safer, non-ozone depleting alternatives to older refrigerant technology (CFC and HCFC refrigerants), in compliance with global legislation for their phaseout.
- safe to use
- have significantly lower GWP than HFCs
- lower GWP than all Directives require – the GWP reduction of some Honeywell products can be up to 99.9%
- have better performance and are more energy efficient when compared to refrigerants they are intended to replace
- use the same technology as HFCs, so implementation and cost to serve are very simple: HFOs need only minor (if any) changes to the technology customers currently use and the differences in implementing and maintenance are minimal
- a global solution, as they are effective in different ambient temperatures
We are committed to the safety of our employees, the quality of our products, and being responsible stewards for the protection of our environment, the communities in which we operate, and our customers. We are a member company of the American Chemistry Council, and Responsible Care® is the foundation for sustainability in our business. The Responsible Care® Management System is used to support our full commitment to comply with legal and other Health, Safety and Environmental (HS&E) requirements. Learn more.